Follow by Email

Thursday, 1 September 2011

I'm going to Thailand.

Sadly, this blog post will contain no story. If truth be told, I've put the story writing on hold for the time being as I've been trying to devote my time to planning my dissertation. I think this is a wise course of action, however, it does mean that I haven't posted in a long time, so this is the reasoning behind this post. Or, at least part of the reason.
My intention with this blog was to refuel my creativity and regain my love of creative writing. It was meant to be impersonal, a space purely for my imagination. This hasn't come to pass. I've enjoyed writing little extras at the beginning and end of each post. I've enjoyed explaining certain aspects of the writing process, and of course, there was the post with a short excerpt of my dissertation plan. And now there's this: my blog about just how excited I am to be going to Thailand.

I don't know how to put in to words just how grateful I am to my Mum and Dad for funding this holiday, this experience for myself and my partner. Finding out about it was a complete shock. I don't think I can recall another moment in my life, prior to this one, of being completely speechless and dumbfounded. Going to Thailand. Living my dream. This is what they have funded, my one dream, to spend time with elephants.
I've loved elephants since I was a child. I can't remember a time when I wasn't amazed by them, they are such wonderful majestic creatures. And they're so intelligent. And beautiful. I know they're huge, but I don't think I'll know just how huge until I set eyes on them, until I live with them. I still can't believe I'm going to be doing this. Living with elephants. It really is my dream come true.
And after this, there's Bangkok to explore, and the wonderful Thai culture. I'm really excited about this too, as it's going to be the first holiday where I get to travel around and see the country outside of an all inclusive tourist bubble. As enjoyable as past holidays have been, I am hoping that this will be the best yet for this reason.

That's all I have to say really. I won't be posting on here for another two weeks at the least as the internet has no place in this experience.

Here's to it being as amazing as I am hoping.
Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment